UInt8 Data Type
Holds unsigned 8-bit (1-byte) integer values in the range 0–255.
- Default value
- When you declare a variable of type UInt8 and leave it uninitialized,, its value defaults to zero (0).
- Because UInt8 is an unsigned type, when you use the unary minus (-) operator on an expression of this type, the value is first changed to Int16 then negated.
- The UInt8 data type widens to Int16, UInt16, Int, Uint, Int32, UInt32, Int64, UInt64, Int128, UInt128, Real32, Real64, Real, or Real128 without any risk of overflow.
- Type characters
- UInt8 has no type characters.
Shared methods and properties
UInt8.Bits As UInt
- Returns the number of available bits. This is always 8.
UInt8.Max As UInt8
- Returns the maximum positive value.
UInt8.Min As UInt8
- Returns the minimum value. This is always zero (0)
Dim foo As UInt8