Declares the name of a class and gives its implementation.
[ modifier ] Class class_name [ type_list ] [ Is base_class ] [ Does trait_name ]… [ Where generic_constraints ]… [ statements ] End [ Class ]
- Optional one of these:
@Abstract– The class must be extended by a class that is not abstract.
@Open– The class can be extended.
- Mandatory name for the class.
- Optional one or more names with commas between each, all between brackets (
[ ]). See Type List for more information.
- Optional name of a class from which this class inherits methods and properties.
- Optional keyword that you can use again and again.
- The name of a trait, a construct that specifies behavior. See Does Clause (Traits) for more information.
- Optional, one or more times – Specifies constraints to put on type arguments from
type_list. You can put one at the end of the first line, or you can have one or more, each on different lines, before
- One or more constraints on a generic parameter, with a comma between each. See Where Clause (Generics) for more information.
- Optional statements that declare the members of the class.
- Completes the statement.
You can also use
- You can change the syntax of this part. See @Option Directive for more information.
Class makes a data type known as a class.
Classes are important constructs in object-oriented programming (OOP).
See Objects and Classes for more information.
You can put a class only in some contexts.
These contexts include modules (
Library), other classes, and the constructs
You cannot put a class in a procedure.
See Declaration Contexts and Default Access Levels for more information.
Program ClassExample Require IO Class Person Var my_name As String, my_age As UInt16 Constructor name As String, age As UInt16 my_name = name my_age = age End Constructor Property Name As String Get Return my_name End Property Property Age As UInt16 Get Return my_age End Property End Class Person #a, "Alice", 24 Person #b, "Bob", 42 PrintLine #a.Name & " is " & #a.Age PrintLine #b.Name & " is " & #b.Age ' Output: ' Alice is 24 ' Bob is 42