Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> Announcements & Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 3rd, 2014, 1:55am    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

• Merged subforums "ViviFire Syntax" and "ViviFire Implementation" into the parent forum "ViviFire Language".
  • Deleted "ViviFire Syntax".
  • Renamed "ViviFire Implementation" to "ViviFire Documentation".

This change was brought about when I examined the June access logs and crunched the numbers of clicks on the various forums. It revealed that the parent was getting significantly more clicks than the subforums where the majority of interaction was expected. I can only guess that people were glossing over the subforums and were only seeing the few introductory topics and getting an incorrect impression of the project.

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 2nd, 2012, 8:01pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Updated site and forum policies. See here.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2011, 5:59pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Just added "EmbeddedWB" to the list of blocks. As far as I can tell, the only reason to register on a forum using a scriptable web browser control is for the purpose of spamming it. If you beg to differ, please send me a private message explaining why that's not the case.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 27th, 2011, 7:15pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Just started blocking postings by anyone using an old browser due to spambot activity. Currently an old browser is defined as Internet Explorer 6.0 or older and Opera 8.xx or older. These definitions may broaden as the bot operators adapt.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 16th, 2010, 6:33pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

The Windows Registry and Extreme Programming boards are now available to all registered users. This means that discussions about the Registry and other advanced techniques will be much more open. The Trusted Members group will moderate these boards.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 7th, 2010, 11:59pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

I have reinstated the partial blocking of software using HTTP 1.0 due to excessive bot traffic. If this change causes problems for you, please send me an email with the subject "IP whitelist" and your IP in the body of the message. Be certain to give the WAN IP, which can be correctly determined by Google or sites such as www.whatismyip.com or www.whatismyip.org. My address should appear beneath my signature.

I also have relaxed the permissions om posting to the General Discussions board for the time being.

Last edited by Brent on Sep 6th, 2017, 6:50pm; edited 1 time in total
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 11th, 2010, 9:40am    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Given the tremendous increase in spam directed toward the General Discussions forum, I have decided to no longer allow guests to start new topics there. Guests may still reply to topics started by registered members. I hope this situation is temporary, but am prepared to implement more drastic measures should the need arise.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 24th, 2009, 7:28pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Created new forum SapientBoard. This is the place to get the latest release, see screen shots, and discuss all aspects of the SapientBoard project being developed in Run BASIC.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 14th, 2009, 9:11pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

I decided to loosen up the permissions on a few forums/subforums. If there is a section of the site you cannot access that you think you should, please contact me.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 10th, 2008, 4:26am    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Changed the style of the Quick Reply so that it's wider and not as tall. Hopefully now you can scroll to the bottom of a topic and be able to read the last reply.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 30th, 2008, 10:45am    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

I changed the Forum Policies (See here). Now Inactive Account status is reached after 12 months instead of 24 months. Starting in February, I will add three inactive accounts per month to the usergroup until I am caught up. As before, all such members are given adequate warning and have a very sufficient amount of time to rescue their accounts.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 11th, 2008, 8:51pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

I've created a subforum under the Trusted Members Center. Extreme Programming is described as
Quote:
Elegant hacks and inelegant kludges that can save your hide or make you want to hide

If you like programming "on the edge," this might be for you.

As with the Windows Registry board, you must be a Trusted Member. See here for instructions for how to join the group.

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 2nd, 2008, 7:51pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

I finally got around to recalculating the statistics for Qualified Sponsors for Trusted Membership. The newly certified sponsors are:
  • Dave
  • Gordon
Congratulations!

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 24th, 2007, 9:00pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

Created a new board called Trusted Members Center. Moved all of the boards accessible to Trusted Members under the new board.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 4th, 2007, 8:47pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Changes Reply with quote

• Consolidated the "ViviFire Feature Requests" and "ViviFire Bug Reports" forums into one forum called ViviFire Development & Testing.
  • "QBASIC to LB" has been flip-flopped with "Code Porting" and the latter is renamed to "Other Languages." This might be undone later, depending on how popular either of them become.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> Announcements & Rules All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: