Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DEMO BETA] Rebar Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> WMLiberty DLL -> WMLiberty Demos & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BASICwebmaster

PostPosted: Feb 8th, 2007, 5:24pm    Post subject: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

As promised, my Rebar+WMLiberty demo. The ZIP file includes the LB demo, and a small helper DLL to create and manage the rebar control. Tested on Windows XP SP2, with LB v4.03 and WMLiberty v1.03. Feedback appreciated.

rebarctrl.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rebarctrl.zip
 Filesize:  6.46 KB
 Downloaded:  178 Time(s)

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb 10th, 2007, 10:59pm    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Neat demo! But I'm wondering about the decision to create a wrapper/helper DLL. Did you have problems getting rebar to work without it? Or was it just to simplify rebar creation and management? I italicize "simplify" because I'd say nary a novice LBer would describe any DLL as simple, if that is the intended audience.

BASICwebmaster

PostPosted: Feb 11th, 2007, 2:09am    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Brent wrote:
Hi Bill,

Neat demo! But I'm wondering about the decision to create a wrapper/helper DLL. Did you have problems getting rebar to work without it? Or was it just to simplify rebar creation and management? I italicize "simplify" because I'd say nary a novice LBer would describe any DLL as simple, if that is the intended audience.

It was an attempt at simplification. This is the kind of thing that a preprocessor would be good for. That and UDTs would make API programming much quicker.
Dave

PostPosted: Mar 20th, 2007, 12:39am    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

I should probably move my rebar question to here. Bill, I have three questions: First, are we able to add more than one control to a band? Second, are you able to make a toolbar band with your DLL, and third, are you able to apply a menubar to a band?
I know these are sort-of odd questions, but if you can come up with any answers, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!
BASICwebmaster

PostPosted: Mar 27th, 2007, 8:02pm    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
I should probably move my rebar question to here. Bill, I have three questions: First, are we able to add more than one control to a band? Second, are you able to make a toolbar band with your DLL, and third, are you able to apply a menubar to a band?
I know these are sort-of odd questions, but if you can come up with any answers, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

1) Not directly. The rebar control only supports one control per band. However, you can use container controls. Brent wrote some wrappers for container controls some time ago, and I updated them a few weeks ago. I'll post them here when I get the chance.

2) Not directly. You can, however, create a toolbar and add it to a rebar band.

3) Not directly. From what I understand, you can't put a native menu bar on a rebar control band. You can, however, emulate one using a container control, a graphicbox, and popup menus. I haven't tried this method yet, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
Dave

PostPosted: Jul 27th, 2007, 11:26pm    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Another quick question - is it possible to undock a rebar container (such as the toolstrips in MS Office programs)? Thanks.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 28th, 2007, 5:59pm    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Hello Dave,

Docking is not a built-in feature of rebar controls. It involves a very complex "dance" between windows if you want it to look the same way. I may attempt a demo at some time, but it may require my upgrading WMLiberty.

Dave

PostPosted: Jul 28th, 2007, 7:46pm    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining. I have tried to achieve it using some stylebits, but it did not work. I will just emulate it using dialog windows for now.
BASICwebmaster

PostPosted: Jul 28th, 2007, 9:35pm    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Brent wrote:
Hello Dave,

Docking is not a built-in feature of rebar controls. It involves a very complex "dance" between windows if you want it to look the same way. I may attempt a demo at some time, but it may require my upgrading WMLiberty.

Maybe, maybe not... See:

http://www.catch22.net/tuts/docking1.asp
http://www.catch22.net/tuts/docking2.asp

Also, The Code Project has a demo of tear-off rebars, but it uses MFC. From the code that's on the page, it might not be too hard to translate, though.
Dave

PostPosted: Jul 29th, 2007, 1:57am    Post subject: Re: [DEMO BETA] Rebar Control Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing those sites out, Bill! I'll try to translate them. Sorry to use your original demo post for my questions.
Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> WMLiberty DLL -> WMLiberty Demos & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: