Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More/Less dialog demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> Snippet Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 16th, 2006, 1:58am    Post subject: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

I'm almost finished writing a demo that shows off some easy-to-use procedures to help create and manage a More/Less-type window (i.e. a window that can be expanded or contracted by the user). I'm just cleaning it up right now, but I need to know if anyone can find any bugs before I release it to the public.

The library consists of one SUB and two FUNCTIONs, of which one would be used for a single window. These utilize my previously published container control code. I believe I found a bug in this code and have fixed it with these new functions. CreateContainer should also now take into account of the type of window on which it is creating the control and adjust its scaling appropriately.

Okay the following is what I have so far.
Code:
DELETED

Last edited by Brent on Jul 9th, 2007, 2:46am; edited 3 times in total
Kcproductionz

PostPosted: Jul 16th, 2006, 3:54am    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

I've tested it about 6 times and it works fine on my computer.

PostPosted: Jul 16th, 2006, 1:45pm    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

I ran it about five times, and it was ok for me.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 16th, 2006, 6:18pm    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

Thanks Dan and guest! I changed my mind about deleting this thread. I guess it wouldn't hurt to just remove the code after I get another or two replies.
BASICwebmaster

PostPosted: Jul 16th, 2006, 9:15pm    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

That was me above. I must not have been logged in.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 20th, 2006, 2:57am    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

Thanks Bill!

Since I haven't gotten another reply, I can assume one of two things: (1) The demo works perfectly for all configurations and versions of Windows and folks are just too shy to say anything, or (2) the code is so long that most people don't feel like selecting the code in their browser and pasting it into LB to try it out. Number 1 may be true, but I suspect that #2 may be just as true.

To encourage potential testers I've installing the Attachment mod. I'm attaching the latest version of this demo. (If you are a registered user using the light-colored theme and don't see an attachment, please log out or change themes; I'm still installing the mod.)

More or Less.bas
 Description:
Release Candidate 1

Download
 Filename:  More or Less.bas
 Filesize:  16.43 KB
 Downloaded:  83 Time(s)

JohnDavidson

PostPosted: Jul 23rd, 2006, 8:32pm    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

I've finally gotten around to testing this Brent.
Works fine in 98se but only one instance at a time.

John
Alex

PostPosted: Jul 24th, 2006, 2:08am    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

I get "Something Happened" running Windows XP SP2... Then "IsEmpty".
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 24th, 2006, 7:50am    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

Thanks for testing, John and Alex!

JohnDavidson wrote:
Works fine in 98se but only one instance at a time.

Well, I hadn't tried that before. That is pretty odd. But just to be specific, when I run multiple instances, all but the last instance's dialog stop responding to input (mouse and keyboard). The controls act like they should work, but nothing happens. I placed a Print statement inside ContainerProc and can see that it's getting called and trying to forward clicks ftom "Lock." This needs some further investigation.

Alex wrote:
I get "Something Happened" running Windows XP SP2... Then "IsEmpty".

Could you be more specific? Are you saying that the demo crashes without your having to touch anything? Are you using the latest version of LB (4.03)?

Alyce

PostPosted: Jul 26th, 2006, 4:46pm    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

It works fine on XP-SP2.

-Alyce

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 26th, 2006, 7:16pm    Post subject: Re: More/Less dialog demo Reply with quote

Thanks for trying it out, Alyce! I too am using XP (Pro) SP2.

I may do a moderate rewrite so it doesn't require the developer to precalc the "more" controls' coords relative to the container. That will probably be this weekend or the next couple of days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> Snippet Testing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Quick Reply
Username:
   Shortcut keys: Alt+Q to activate, Alt+P to preview, Alt+S to submit