A change to a value with one data type to a different one is known as conversion. Conversions can widen or narrow the value range. They are also automatic or not as a result of the syntax that you use.
In this section
- Widening and Narrowing Conversions
- Divides conversions into two categories, if the destination type can hold the data or not.
- Automatic and Special Conversions
- Divides conversions into two categories, if ViviFire does them automatically or not.
- Conversions Between Strings and Other Types
- Shows how to convert strings to and from numeric, Boolean, and date/time values.
- Array Conversions
- Shows how to convert between arrays of different data types.