Standard Procedures for Code
Also known as coding conventions.
We made the sample code and documentation obey the instructions in this article. If you obey the same instructions, then you can get good results.
- If your code agrees with the given style, then those that read it can keep their focus on what it does.
- Those that read your code can more quickly know what it does because it looks the same as their code.
- You can change code and do code maintenance more easily.
- You help make sure that your code uses the standard procedures for ViviFire.
- Make Tab change to four spaces.
- Do not use the line continuation character “_” unless necessary. ViviFire lets you break lines of code after some code elements without it.
- Use only one declaration in a line.
- Indent continued lines one tab stop. But, always make items in a list left-aligned.
- Put a minimum of one empty line between full procedures.
Unsigned data types