DateTime Data Type
Holds 64-bit (8-byte) date and time values in the range 1 January 0001 00:00:00–31 December 9999 23:59:59.
- Default value
- When you declare a variable of type
DateTimeand do not give it an initial value, the value is
0000/00/00 00:00:00, which is not a correct date, but not an error.
- Type characters
DateTimehas no type character.
year / month / day
hours : minutes [ : seconds ]
year / month / day hours : minutes [ : seconds ]
The above named parts of a date or time must be decimal digits. Some more rules follow.
- Divides the parts of a date.
The alternative is hyphens (
- Optional number of seconds.
You can specify a fraction of a second if you put a decimal point (
.) between two sets of digits. The fractional part can have a maximum of seven digits. Digits after that are ignored.
Shared methods and properties
DateTime.Day As Int32
- Returns the current day of the month.
DateTime.Default As DateTime
- Returns the default value,
DateTime.Hour As Int32
- Returns the current hour.
DateTime.Local As DateTime
- Returns the local date and time of the system.
DateTime.Millisecond As Int32
- Returns the current millisecond.
DateTime.Minute As Int32
- Returns the current minute.
DateTime.Month As Int32
- Returns the current month.
DateTime.Parse(str As String, Optional #format As Format) As DateTime
- Tries to parse a string that shows as a date or time.
#formatis not given or is
#Null, it uses the format of the local culture. Or you can make it clear with
DateTime.Second As Int32
- Returns the current second.
DateTime.Size As Int32
- Returns the number of available bytes. This is always 8.
DateTime.UTCLocal As DateTime
- Returns the current date and time in UTC.
DateTime.Year As Int32
- Returns the current year.
ViviFire can change between the type
DateTime and other types.
Some conversions can be in one direction only.
Conversion to DateTime
|Integer types||If you add the integer |
Conversion from DateTime
||The short date format specified by the user's locale and the time as a 12- or 24-hour format. If you try to convert the default value to String, the result is TBD.|
|floating-point types||A value of |
Dim date As DateTime = 2013/12/11 Dim time As DateTime = 10:09:08 Dim combo = 2013-12-11 10:09:08.07