Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> The Clubhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 30th, 2010, 11:40pm    Post subject: Archives Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've started moving some old topics in a few forums into their respective "archive" forums. I've set the cut-off at two years since a last reply.

This is mainly to prevent the unsuspecting public from stumbling upon a dead or (now) irrelevant topic by not allowing Web spiders to index them. The major side effect is that no unregistered user will be able to read these topics either.

In addition, I have set permissions such that only I, as an administrator, can reply, edit, or delete posts in the archives. If you believe a permission setting is incorrect or inconvenient, please bring it up here.

The archives are hidden from view on the forum index by design. They exist under the "Archives & Other Stuff" category and are made visible by clicking on the category's label, which also collapses all other categories.

Please let me know if you have any concerns, problems, or other ideas about this change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> The Clubhouse All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Quick Reply
Username:
   Shortcut keys: Alt+Q to activate, Alt+P to preview, Alt+S to submit