Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demos for changing control colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> WMLiberty DLL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STPendl

PostPosted: May 12th, 2008, 11:16am    Post subject: Demos for changing control colors Reply with quote

There are some demos floating around using WMLiberty to change the control colors of individual controls.
A listbox demo is posted here, a textbox demo is posted on conforums and a statictext demo is posted on the Yahoo! group, I think.

Since all those demos share a common structure, I think Brent is responsible for their birth, so I am posting here in his forum.

It would make it easier to point people to a common place, so consolidating those demos to a single one, which shows how to change colors for any control individually.

There have been requests to change the background color of textboxes, if the entry was wrong too.
I think this should be doable, using the RedrawWindow API function as shown by Brent in ...Color$ variables subtlety workaround ... ?

What do you think about this Question

Any code I post can be freely used, just give credit.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 13th, 2008, 6:54am    Post subject: Re: Demos for changing control colors Reply with quote

STPendl wrote:
There have been requests to change the background color of textboxes, if the entry was wrong too.
I think this should be doable, using the RedrawWindow API function as shown by Brent in ...Color$ variables subtlety workaround ... ?

Good idea, Stefan!

Toggle TextBox Colors

STPendl

PostPosted: May 13th, 2008, 7:38pm    Post subject: Re: Demos for changing control colors Reply with quote

Thanks for the demo.

We can set the initial text box color by setting TextBoxColor$ just before the textbox definition, but there is no way to do this for several other controls.

I do have a demo for statictext (White on Blue), since it uses the same structure and branch names, so I assume it is yours Brent.
Would you like to have it sent to you, so you could post it on the snippets board for verification too?

Any code I post can be freely used, just give credit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> WMLiberty DLL All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: