Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Applying a Toolbar to a Rebar Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> WMLiberty DLL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave

PostPosted: Mar 17th, 2007, 7:31pm    Post subject: Applying a Toolbar to a Rebar Control Reply with quote

Brent,
I'm a big fan of ViviFire, and what I am trying to figure out is how you were able to apply a toolbar to a rebar control, so the toolbar and rebar would "become one". If you don't mind, I'm considering using rebar toolbars in some of my future Liberty BASIC applications. I don't want you to go out of your way to do this, but could you please make a small demo for me. Thank you!

P.S. Also, could this be applied to a menubar?
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 20th, 2007, 9:05pm    Post subject: Re: Applying a Toolbar to a Rebar Control Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Dave!

What part of my code do you find most confusing?

Rebar bands can hold only a simgle control. However, you can use a container object to hold all kinds of controls.

You can't use a standard menu bar with a rebar, thought, because the menu is part of a window's nonclient area. MSDN has an article the describles how to create an IE-like interface, including the menus using toolbars and rebar. But it's pretty complex and I haven't tried it yet.

Dave

PostPosted: Mar 20th, 2007, 11:50pm    Post subject: Re: Applying a Toolbar to a Rebar Control Reply with quote

I'm not sure how you were able to attach the entire toolbar to the rebar control, because I know the rebar control uses the hwnd(#handle) of a control, and the toolbar you use does not have its own #handle.

I'm pretty sure that I had another question not mentioned above relating to the rebar, but I don't remember right now. If I remember, I'll post it right away.

MSDN is one of my favorite programming resources, and I always find it helpful.

Thank you for your responses.
--Dave
Dave

PostPosted: Mar 28th, 2007, 2:22am    Post subject: Re: Applying a Toolbar to a Rebar Control Reply with quote

My overall question now is how to apply a toolbar to a rebar control, because of getting the handle of the toolbar itself.
Dave

PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 9:52pm    Post subject: Re: Applying a Toolbar to a Rebar Control Reply with quote

Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> WMLiberty DLL All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: