Specifies that a method or property overrides an identical method or property inherited from a base class.
- Declaration contexts
- You can use Override only with Method and Property statements.
- Combind modifiers
- You cannot combine Override with other modifiers such as Abstract and Shared in the same declaration.
- Matching signatures
- The signature of the overriding Method or Property must exactly match the signature of the inherited member in the following respects:
- The exposed names must be identical.
- The return types must be identical.
- If the inherited member is generic, the overriding member must be also, including having the same number of generic parameters between the angle brackets. And if the inherited member has a Where clause, this must also be reproduced in the overriding member.
- For a Method, the parameters must be the same number, in the same order, with the same data types, including matching use of ByRef.